Doors and Access
Disability Access to Buildings:
Doors, Lifts and gates
Door Openers & Electric Door Lock Release
Technical Solutions can custom design and install electric remote control door openers and door lock release systems to suit specific requirements.
The doors can be unlocked or opened remotely using a suitable switch - perhaps a large button switch or a puff switch.
The picture above shows an electric opening door which is operated by a puff switch mounted on a wheel chair and connected via a small radio remote transmitter.
The following represent some options available for locking, unlocking and opening doors:
- A small radio remote controller that is as secure as a key and has no wires attached.
(And accessible with any of our switches)
- Big push button switches - mounted on the wall inside the door.
- A keypad can be mounted outside to allow entry by authorised persons who can open the door by typing in a PIN number.
- Doors fitted with our electric lock release system can still be opened with a key in the normal manner.
- Integration with our intercom and a suitable switch
- Integration with a more elaborate environment control system.
The wrong advice can be costly - Read More.
Combined with our DOOR BELL INTERCOM and an appropriate switch interface, the user can independently gain access - or allow others access - to their home.
Example: A visitor rings the door bell and you are confined to bed. You can talk to them via the intercom without pressing any buttons. Then, with a suitable switch, you can unlock or open the door from your bed.
We can quote for specific components for you to install if that's what you are after.